What does this program hope to accomplish?
Through the Alumni Engagement Grant program, we aim to extend alumni engagement beyond the efforts of the office staff and support events and programs that reflect the depth and breadth of UMBC. We know there is power in numbers. As our total number of alumni grows every year, we want to connect or reconnect graduates to UMBC, encourage alumni to become involved with campus events and initiatives that support strategic goals, and intentionally connect alumni with current students.
For questions or more information, contact Jess Wyatt, associate director of alumni engagement, at email@example.com.
Who can apply?
Faculty and staff at UMBC can submit proposals for activities and programming.
What events and programming does the Office of Alumni Engagement support?
We are soliciting applications for activities in several categories:
- Existing events that with additional funding and resources can attract and engage alumni (or more alumni)
- New events that re-connect and engage alumni with the specific department/program, or at large within the UMBC community.
- Connects alumni with current students around professional and career development topics.
- Milestone events such as departmental anniversaries where alumni can interact and connect with faculty, staff, and students.
- That includes opportunities and encourages alumni philanthropic support.
What support can the Office of Alumni Engagement offer?
There will be two types of support available.
- Financial support. Grants will be provided up to $3,000 and available on a competitive basis to those who successfully complete the application process and have their proposals approved by a committee.
- UMBC’s Office of Alumni Engagement can advise partners on resources to effectively manage events. All events chosen in the process will be added to the alumni.umbc.edu website and woven into alumni association marketing as appropriate. A resource toolkit is also available.
What is the funding timeline?
Funding is currently available for initiatives in fiscal year 2024 (July 1, 2023 – June 30, 2024). Submissions will be accepted on a rolling basis, and awarded until funds are exhausted. Consideration for the next fiscal year will begin in February, to account for programs that occur at the beginning of the fiscal year. Applications for activities occurring through June 30, will be considered through the end of the fiscal year OR until funds are exhausted, whichever comes first.
How do I apply?
We’ve provided an application. You will find answers to many of the questions you might have in these guidelines.
Who will judge the applications?
A committee of institutional advancement staff and alumni.
How is money transferred?
Money is transferred via a Foundation account after the conclusion of the event and when a final report is received. Recipients must have a UMBC Foundation account and follow all necessary policies and procedures related to expenditures.
What should be included in the Final Report for grant recipients?
The final report should be submitted no later than one month after your program or event has taken place. Only after the final report is received will the final payment be processed. There is a Google form provided for the Final Report.