The Office of Institutional Advancement (OIA) inspires commitment to UMBC. We lead fundraising, communications, and economic development initiatives to support the University’s strategic priorities and goals for enrollment; student and alumni success; teaching and research reputation; workforce development; fundraising; and government and community relations, among others.
We seek to engage and cultivate relationships with individuals, foundations, corporations, alumni, faculty, and colleagues to achieve UMBC’s goals using our expertise, partnerships, and resources. We are committed to thoughtfully stewarding relationships and strategically approaching opportunities that serve and support UMBC and its community.
- Advancement Services & Donor Relations – alumni and donor records, scholarship account management and recognition
- Alumni & Development Communications – print and online communications to alumni; communications support for fundraising efforts
- Alumni Engagement – alumni engagement, recognition
- Annual Giving – raising funds from alumni, parents, and friends for the benefit of UMBC academics, athletics, and programs
- bwtech@UMBC Research & Technology Park
- Community Engagement – stakeholder communications and relationship building with campus community, neighboring communities, and public officials.
- Corporate & Foundation Relations – partnerships to support students, faculty and key programs
- Major Gifts – working with generous donors to fund current-use gifts and endowments (invested over time generating income) for projects such as scholarships, fellowships, professorships, and programs.
- Operations – institutional and presidential event planning; UMBC Foundation account management