UMBC seeks funding from charitable/philanthropic foundations to support core campus goals, including scholarships, faculty research, and strategic initiatives. The Corporate and Foundations Relations (CFR) team supports campus priorities by:
- Researching and evaluating potential funding organizations
- Matching donor interest with UMBC programs and projects
- Preparing or reviewing letters of intent and grant applications
- Cultivating relationships with prospective donors
- Maintaining close relationships with current donors
- Assisting in submitting progress reports and other communications
Please note: If you are seeking funding from a foundation that only supports 501(c)3 charitable organizations, your proposal must be reviewed by a member of the CFR team and submitted on behalf of the UMBC Foundation. If you have questions about any of these topics, please contact OIA’s Foundation Relations representative.
Our staff welcomes inquiries from faculty, staff, or students considering applying for foundation funding. Before contacting us, please follow these steps:
- Share your intention to seek outside foundation funding with your dean, supervisor, or faculty advisor.
- Conduct initial research to find a foundation whose mission aligns with your project.
- Review the clearance list. Please consult the CFR team before approaching one of the organizations on this list.