The Corporate and Foundation Relations (CFR) team builds relationships between UMBC and external organizations. We specialize in building strategic partnerships with local and national companies to benefit faculty, staff, and students. Corporate partnerships may include: employment and internship opportunities for students, scholarships, support for faculty research and departmental and University initiatives.
The CFR team builds and maintains partnerships with dozens of companies in support of the University’s strategic priorities and fundraising goals. Our staff welcomes inquiries from faculty, staff, or students considering approaching a corporation for support. Before contacting us, please consider the following:
- Do you have a connection to the company? Or does the company have ties to UMBC?
- Does the mission or interest of this company align with your proposed project?
- What value or benefit will the company get by supporting your project?
- Do you have any on- or off-campus collaborators who can assist in making connections?
- Do you have the support of your dean or vice president?
- The CFR team maintains a clearance list of corporations with long-standing relationships with UMBC. Please consult a CFR staff member before approaching any of these organizations.
- Companies interested a recruiting students for internships or full-time employment should be directed to a staff member at the UMBC Career Center.